Brenda wants to know seven random things about me. I have had a hard time trying to think of things I haven't already shared, but I think I've come up with them so here you have it:
1. I'm left handed, but I can only cut with scissors using my right hand. Yes. I know there are lefty scissors. Everyone tells me this whenever I share this fact about me. Lefty scissors do not work for me. If I try to cut with my left hand the cutting specimen just bends. Paper, fabric, etc.
2. When I met the mail man I was walking across the Boise State University campus to my English class. He was faking a British accent and claimed to have met me before. He claims the accent was left over from his three year stint living in London and that he wasn't faking it at all, but I never heard that accent again. I married him two years later.
3. At the end of my Junior year in high school my family moved to a new part of the valley. I changed high schools for my Senior year. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In fact I rather enjoyed making new friends and using the move to earn me a stint as a foreign exchange student in France for the summer after I graduated. ( I told my Dad I'd change schools and not make him pay the taxes to remain in my old district if he'd send me. He agreed.)
4. The first thing I remember sewing was a quilt top with my Mom. We started this my senior year in High School and I finished it over the course of the next few years on my garage sale sewing machine. The top is still a top. I aspire to back and quilt it this year, thus finishing my first quilt.
5. My hair changed from straight to curly without chemicals. At some point in my senior year it suddenly became very curly. Now it depends on the hair cut I have how curly it will be. The thing I dislike most about my hair is that it tends to be straight on top and curly on bottom.
6. When I was in high school I thought I would be much happier if I could only have a nose job. I developed a bump on the ridge of my nose when I was hit in the face with a ball playing basketball in elementary school. I finally gave up on the idea when someone told me it might schnge the way my singing voice sounded. My voice was more important to me than my nose.
7. I only remember throwing up 3 times in my life. I'm sure there have been more before I was was 6 years old, which is my first memory. I remember once when I was six, once when I was ten and then never again until I was pregnant with Amelia. I get sick, I just hate throw up that much. Sorry for this fact. It's all I could think of.