Phew! Hadley and I completed her tooth fairy pillow just in time. She has a very wiggly tooth that is sure to come out soon. (I'll post photo's of her with her missing tooth in the pillow on her blog when this happens.) I absolutely love the way this pillow turned out. She was instrumental in the design process, which made it fun for her as well. I started last Sunday with her drawing of a fairy named Uleena (her spelling...like the end of Thumbalina) and instructions to make the pillow purple. I pulled out all the purple fabrics in my stash and all the embroidery floss I had on hand. We tweaked the picture a little bit to make it "stitchable" and then I started embroidering with the colors I was instructed to use.
For the most part, this is her drawing with a little of my influence. I loved the embroidery so much that I was nervous to cut the fabric and start sewing. But once I did, the top came together quickly and all that was left was the little pocket for the back ...
Some purple Pom Poms for tassels
some sewing and stuffing and we have ourselves a spanky new pillow and a happy little girl.
Here's to toothless grins.