I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Thank you for all of the many well wishes and birthday greetings. It made the day feel very full and happy. I spent a lot of time feeling very lucky to have such nice friends and family around me. My life is full and rich. Thank you for being a part of that.
I've seen many lists of interesting facts posted about people lately and I thought I'd do one of my own. I didn't have the energy or time to do 101 things, so I decided to do 32.
1. I love color. I could never pick a favorite.
2. I love plants and flowers. Mostly flowers. I could never pick a favorite flower either.
3. I get excited every time the seasons change. They are all my very favorite! The foods, the growing things, the weather, the change of mood and light. I love these things especially about the seasons.
4. I have a lot (maybe too much) of fabric and still I want more.
5. I choose salty over sweet almost always. When we were kids I'd order fries when my family was ordering ice cream. Salt and Vinegar chips are one of my favorite treats. (My lil' sis Lindsay shares this trait with me.)
6. I'm a hoarder. I have a hard time using up supplies. I just keep them forever waiting for the perfect project.
7. I read way too many blogs. But it's darn fun and I love connecting with other people in this way.
8. I procrastinate.
9. I am reliable.
10. I don't drink coffee or tea or soda (though I will drink soda on occasion).
11. I like naps. A lot.
12. I prefer baked goods over candy(when I'm not eating something salty).
13. I sing and play the piano. I started playing the piano when I was 8 years old. I should be a lot better than I am, but I mostly learned so I could play for myself to sing.
14. I do not like music theory and I will likely never be a composer. For these reasons I quit college a few times before I finally made it through.
15. Making things (food, clothes, toys, gifts) gives me a lot of joy.
16. I enjoy preserving food. Because I don't have to.
17. I'm easily overwhelmed, but I still get the job done. Eventually. ( see #8)
18. I love people.
19. Being a good mother, wife, friend, sister and daughter is very important to me.
20. I enjoy watching how-to television, but I rarely do. Except on Saturday mornings when the cooking shows come on our PBS station.
21. I have far more podcasts than music on my i-pod. I love This American Life, Craftsanity, The Splendid Table, and Radio Lab.
22. I have a magazine fetish. Mostly Home and cooking magazines.
23. I dream of opening an Etsy store someday.
24. I love the ocean. Mostly the rugged West Coast.
25. I wanted to be a music therapist when I started college. Maybe some day I'll go back to school.(but they are all far away from here...)
26. I love to travel. Mostly for the culture, food, and scenery. I turned 18 in Nice, France and 21 in Rome, Italy.
27. Traveling around Europe for three months with my little sis Rebecca had a huge influence on how I wanted my life to look. Both aesthetically and functionally.
28. I like to read, but not books that are too heavy.
29. I do not like to analyze. Anything.
30. I almost never remember the names of the movies I watch, but I always remember the people I meet.
31. Farmer's Markets and craft fairs are very fun for me. I hope to participate in one soon.
32. Not one of these things matters one little bit without my family.
And one for good measure:
33. I did not win the quilt, so now I will need to make the very same exact quilt for myself. Because I'm really, truly heartbroken that it isn't coming to my house. Really, truly. But I'll get over it.